Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Prime Time at MoMA

MoMA Reaches Out
to Over-65ers
The Museum of Modern Art may have pop singer Bjork in its galleries right now, but it has not forsaken older New Yorkers either.

MoMA is rolling out Prime Time, a program designed for New Yorkers over 65, this Saturday, May 9, from 10:30 to 5:30. If you are over 65, you may enjoy free admission to the museum, and partake in gallery talks, art-making workshops, and entertainment.

Prime Time will offer film screenings, online courses, gallery conversations and other events free. To sign up to receive information about Prime Time Programs, go here.

And during the month of May, for New Yorkers over 65, MoMA is offering admission for $9 and a $25 discount on annual memberships.

To kick off Prime Time, MoMA asked Ari Seth Cohen, creator of the blog, Advanced Style, to photograph some of the "Advanced Style Ladies" in the museum.  I was thrilled to be included in this group.

"I always knew I would get in to the Museum of Modern Art one day," I quipped, as Ari took my photo in front of a gorgeous André Derain painting. I decided to debut my new dress collection for the shoot. For this collection I am air-brushing geometric shapes on cotton. I also designed the hat and beads.
Left to right: Carol, Lana Turner, Joyce Carpati and
 Debra Rapoport in the MoMA sculpture Garden.
Joyce shooting Lana.
Everybody was photographing everybody else.
Joyce admiring van Gogh's "The Starry Night".
Debra poses in front of Henri Rousseau's
"The Dream."

Please join us on Saturday,
 when I will be modeling for
a figure drawing class from 1:30 to 4:30
 at MoMA as part of
Prime Time.

Congrats to MoMA for
this fantastic initiative!!

À Bientôt!



2 comments:

  1. You all look fabulous! Love your shoes. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! The four of you are stunning. I love your dress Carol! Can't wait to see more of your designs.

    ReplyDelete