Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Open Studio, September 2017 - Part One

At My Open Studio,
Festivities and Fun
It was time. Time to roll out the things I've been working on for the past three years. So I scheduled an Open Studio and invited friends. They showed up last Saturday to view the work, partake of refreshments and socialize with fashionistas.

I was on a dressmaking kick. I don't have access to a silk screen press, so I figured out a way to print on fabric with a silk-screen look. I air-brushed textile paint on fabric, using a tape-off technique to create the shape. I like the results -- they are like abstract paintings one can wear.
I am posing in the studio of photographer, Terry Niefield.
The studio is ready for guests.
Hats, dresses and beads make up the collection
which I call "It is often cloudy in Deauville".
A huge Thank You to my sisters, Jeanne (on left) and
Sue who helped me with the event.
I could not have done it without them.
My brother, David, could not come because he
was performing a song at a North Fork Theater event.
A huge thank you to him, for his love and support.
 Me gazing at my niece, Sarah Wedge, who wears
a hand-painted straw called "Bathing Cap".
Even Sarah's dog, Polly, wore beads,
although it looks like they are weighing her down a bit.
 Fall flowers with the green dress.
 Jeanne brought sweets from La Tulipe, a
French Patisserie.
 My display of necklaces.
I used copies of photos by the Séeberger Brothers
from the book "Elegance," in keeping with my theme
of  the French seaside in the 30s.
 I hand-colored the photographs.



The Hat Shop in a Box.
A selection of hats from my collection.
I used circles which remind of scoops of
ice cream like I saw in Nice.
Names: Vanille, Bluette, Tutti Fruitti, Apricot.
Decor. My grandmother made the Lily of the Valley
vase, the hat is from my bridal collection for my
millinery class, and the drawing is by me.
Lavande and Bathing Cap
Marianne Bleu and Marianne Rouge
My hang tags.


Ashley wearing "Wild Garden".

Next installment of Open Studio --
Guests Living it Up!

À bien tôt!


No comments:

Post a Comment