Monday, September 23, 2019

Some Time in Brooklyn

No Passport Needed:
A Trip to Brooklyn

On a crisp, fall day in September, I took the F train to Bergen Street to meet my friend, Elke, for a lunch date at a cafe called Bien Cuit, or in English, well baked. From my time in Paris, I remember that at la boulangerie you can ask for une baquette bien cuite if that is your preference.

Elke and I ordered a turkey and Swiss sandwich on a croissant, coffees and desserts. It was all delicious.

 At Bien Cuit, I tuck in to a chocolate gateau while
a grapefruit treat awaits.
My blouse is by the French label, A.P.C.
 After lunch we walked to a charming store
called Salter House.
The owner, Sandeep Salter, discovered a
trove of little-girl dresses
from a label called Pom' Flore in a
barn in Normandy.
 The company was founded by three French sisters in 1988.
One was a ballet dancer, one was a classical singer
 and one was a business woman.
 The fabrics are all from Liberty of London.
 Elke and Sandeep in the shop.
Elke is wearing a necklace that I designed
and made.
 Salter House carries a selection of items for the home.
 There are dolls.
 Elke and I enjoyed a cup of Earl Grey at 
Salter House.
 A view across Atlantic Avenue
looking toward the Long Island Restaurant.

A Bientot!






1 comment:

  1. No hay nada difícil en hacer de su viaje un presupuesto. Un poco de planificación y conocimiento prestamos en linea credilikeme de algunos secretos de ahorro es todo lo que se necesita para esto. Boletos aéreos, hoteles, visas, transporte, comida, comunicaciones: para todos estos puntos, puede reducir los costos si lo intenta un poco.

    ReplyDelete