Friday, February 26, 2021

Hello from New York!

Mood Indigo

This week I had a message from a follower on Instagram, @rumygucci. Rumy, who lives in Japan, I believe, describes herself as a cool, funky, quirky old girl. That sounds like a description of me, especially the cool part. No wonder she follows my Instagram. She said that she checked my blog for a new post everyday because she missed it. 

Indeed, I have not been posting on my blog during this hibernation period. Time seems to have collapsed and a year seems like a day. But I am one of those annoying people who is using this time to be productive. I have been working on a large painting for the past 7 months. I am fully dosed with the Moderna vaccine, but now we have a worrisome variant here in New York City, and I fear it will be déja vu all over again. But not to worry, we will weather it.

By way of putting a blog toe back in the water, I want to show you and Rumy my new dress from a Japanese brand called 45R. For a shop hound like me it was a shock to learn that the 45R boutique has been at Mercer and Houston in Soho for 20 years. How the hell did I miss it? I may loose my shop-hound press credentials.

(Oh, did I tell you? I let my hair go au natural to silver!) I am wearing my new 45R indigo-dyed dress in cotton. It has a lovely, delicate trailing floral motif. Beads are from Madame Matovu vintage in the West Village. Blue tights by Fogal. 

45R makes comfortable, everyday clothes in natural materials and dyes. The yarn is hand dyed to achieve the deep color which will fade over time. 

This dress has pockets, the perfect sleeve length and a pretty neckline.
For a bit of je ne sais quoi, I have added my Parisian chapeau by Marie Mercie.
In this closeup you can see the subtle design in two colors of brown and light blue. The wooden bead necklace was purchased at an antique shop in Oakpark, Illinois.
Are you in the Mood Blue for a treat from MEL, an adorable and diminutive bakery poised on the point where Division and Ludlow Streets meet Canal Street in my secret Lower East Side.
All of these pastries were sold out when I got there, but the kind lady gave me a sample of their new vegan granola bar which was delicious.

Simply a spectacular Mood Blue Sky on a Mood Blue Day.
I thought the word "noir" on the building was mysterious. Perhaps someone working on a film noir.
Mood Blue graffiti with shadow of tree.

Thank you Rumy, for getting me back in the saddle!

À Bientôt!



4 comments:

  1. Again, thank you Carol! You are back after a looooong nap. But now that I found you on FB and Instagram I feel more comfortable even if you don't feel like updating this blog page as often as before. Take it easy! And let's enjoy our life! Our lifetime is limited. Let's not waste our own precious time. Merci beaucoup, a bientot!!! Rumy Gucci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci Rumy. I am with you. Enjoy life in o the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, you look stunning! I’m a big fan of letting hair do its own thing, color wise, and yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! There's nothing like a perfectly blue NYC sky, is there?

    ReplyDelete